I didn’t know that. I had to look it up. Since I know nothing of yarn and these kinds of things, I will at this point simply quote the definition from wordnet.princeton.edu:
- needlework consisting of handmade lace made by looping and knotting a single thread on a small shuttle
- lace making: the act or art of making handmade lace
At any rate, I am absolutely awestruck by the work Pamela from TotusMel is doing.
It definitely has something of old times. It’s so delicate and elegant and it is also absolutely stylishly goth or vampire.
And here we are again at the South Park episode that seems to follow me. Please refer to this post if you would like to know what I am babbling about =) but this time I will refrain from putting Pamela’s work on the cartoon characters.
So much fabulous stuff on Etsy, so little time!
But here are a few of my favorites:
- Earth Gem Velvet and Embroidery Scarf from Foret
- The Seraphinite Cuff from Aislinnoccasions
- Autumn Maple Layer Mask from Wingandtalon
- Calling for another coordinate from IngridArtStudio
Check ’em out!